January 23, 2010
Saturday of the Second Week in Ordinary Time
Reading I
2 Sm 1:1-4, 11-12, 19, 23-27
How can the warriors have fallen–
in the thick of the battle,
slain upon your heights!
“I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother!
most dear have you been to me;
more precious have I held love for you than love for women.
“How can the warriors have fallen,
the weapons of war have perished!”
Responsorial Psalm
80:2-3, 5-7
R. (4b) Let us see your face, Lord, and we shall be saved.
O shepherd of Israel, hearken,
O guide of the flock of Joseph!
From your throne upon the cherubim, shine forth
before Ephraim, Benjamin and Manasseh.
Rouse your power,
and come to save us.
Gospel
Mk 3:20-21
Jesus came with his disciples into the house.
Again the crowd gathered,
making it impossible for them even to eat.
Reflection
Lord, Jesus, I fail everyday like young Jonathan. I can hear the cry of my friends and elders who weep over my fall.
Lord, Jesus my friend and my saviour, help me in my shame. I feel as if I went down to the sheol. Save me Lord from that abyss.
No comments:
Post a Comment