Take a Bible Quiz

Monday, May 11, 2009

It is necessary to undergo many hardships

May 12, 2009
Tuesday of the Fifth Week of Easter
Reading 1
Acts 14:19-28
They strengthened the spirits of the disciplesand exhorted them to persevere in the faith, saying, "It is necessary for us to undergo many hardships to enter the Kingdom of God."

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 145:10-11, 12-13ab, 21
May my mouth speak the praise of the LORD,and may all flesh bless his holy name forever and ever.R. Your friends make known, O Lord, the glorious splendor of your kingdom.

Gospel
Jn 14:27-31a
Jesus said to his disciples:"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you."

Reflection
Lord, strengthen my spirit also, I lose my hope to continue in your path at times. Let me enjoy your peace in my flesh. The difference of your peace from that of the world be more explicit to me, more understandable to my senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment