
May 6, 2009
Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Easter
Reading 1
Acts 12:24-13:5a
While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saulfor the work to which I have called them." Then, completing their fasting and prayer, they laid hands on them and sent them off.
Responsorial Psalm
Ps 67:2-3, 5, 6 and 8
May God have pity on us and bless us; may he let his face shine upon us. So may your way be known upon earth; among all nations, your salvation.
R. O God, let all the nations praise you!
Gospel
Jn 12:44-50
I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness. And if anyone hears my words and does not observe them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save the world.
Reflection
While the first Christians were fasting and praying, they could hear the Holy Spirit speaking to them personally. Lord, in my prayer and integrity of my body, mind and soul, let your face shine on me.
May your light shine on us that we may not be in darkness. Lord, only in your light, may the world see us the way you see us.
Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Easter
Reading 1
Acts 12:24-13:5a
While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saulfor the work to which I have called them." Then, completing their fasting and prayer, they laid hands on them and sent them off.
Responsorial Psalm
Ps 67:2-3, 5, 6 and 8
May God have pity on us and bless us; may he let his face shine upon us. So may your way be known upon earth; among all nations, your salvation.
R. O God, let all the nations praise you!
Gospel
Jn 12:44-50
I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness. And if anyone hears my words and does not observe them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save the world.
Reflection
While the first Christians were fasting and praying, they could hear the Holy Spirit speaking to them personally. Lord, in my prayer and integrity of my body, mind and soul, let your face shine on me.
May your light shine on us that we may not be in darkness. Lord, only in your light, may the world see us the way you see us.
No comments:
Post a Comment