Take a Bible Quiz

Monday, May 18, 2009

you and your household will be saved

May 19, 2009
Tuesday of the Sixth Week of Easter

Reading 1
Acts 16:22-34
"Sirs, what must I do to be saved? "And they said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you and your household will be saved."

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8
Your right hand saves me. The LORD will complete what he has done for me; your kindness, O LORD, endures forever; forsake not the work of your hands.
R. Your right hand saves me, O Lord.

Gospel
Jn 16:5-11
For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.

Reflection
What must I do to be saved? Lord, it does not even occur to me some times and to many people in the world, the meaning of the word 'saved'. I believe, Jesus, that, you are my saviour.
As you promised let your right hand be beside me and beside those whom I pray that we all be saved. Holy Spirit, in the absence of Jesus who lived before 2000 years, let your presence be more evident to my senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment