May 7, 2009
Thursday of the Fourth Week of Easter
Reading 1
Acts 13:13-25
With uplifted arm he led them out, and for about forty years he put up with them in the desert.
Responsorial Psalm
Ps 89:2-3, 21-22, 25 and 27
"My faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him, and through my name shall his horn be exalted. He shall say of me, 'You are my father, my God, the Rock, my savior.'"
R. For ever I will sing the goodness of the Lord.
Gospel
Jn 13:16-20
When Jesus had washed the disciples' feet, he said to them: "Amen, amen, I say to you, no slave is greater than his master nor any messenger greater than the one who sent him. If you understand this, blessed are you if you do it. I am not speaking of all of you. I know those whom I have chosen."
Reflection
Where is your uplifted arm, Lord? Where is your faithfullness and mercy? Like psalmist at times I ask, why do you leave me for my enemies? I am not able to understand, but Lord, teach me to believe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment